We left the trailhead at 2:30 in the morning. It was Belva, Dave, Charlie and me (Lois). Taking a break by the trail in teh dark. That was quite the experiance. I am glad we did it. Thei is what Uncle Dave calls the GCGC or Grand Canyon Geriatric Crew. I dare you to try to keep up with us. ;)
At the bottom of Mooney Falls. The wind and surf created by this water fall is amazing. It litterally takes your breath right out of your lungs. Do we look like we are having a great time or what?
This was the entire group minus Gloria. She didn't make it to the bottom of Mooney. We have Jimmy, Jennifer, Lois, Belve, Dave, David Hunn and Charlie.
After we cme out on Saturday, (via helicopter for various reasons) we had to wait at the top for our packs to come up on the horses. It was a great day. 65 degrees and overcast in August. Belva and Charlie sitting on the edge.
We had a great time, and to quote one of the tribal members when I asked him if he had lived in the canyon all his life, he answered,"You better believe it or not."
11 years ago
1 comments:
I so wish I could have come!
Post a Comment