Monday, November 16, 2009

The Maiden Voyage

Kevin called up and said his boat was finally fixed! And asked if we wanted to go on the maiden voyage to try her out on the water. I thought "well this aughta be good." So me and Donald hopped aboard. And Oh it was such a good time ;)
For the record the boat runs.
It was filling up will water and I told Kevin. He said that there is always water in the back. Donald looked back there and said "Is there always a hole right there, where water comes in?" There is about a dime size hole in the bottom of the boat. So Kev goes to turn her around and the power cuts out. Not a BIG problem ??? So he tells Donald to flip a switch and the boat starts again. Kev again starts to turn towards the doc and... nothing. The boat doesn't turn right. No steering. The boat can only turn left. So we are in the middle of the lake, sinking, turning in circles. So Kevin, genius, sits on the back of the boat, sticks his hand down and steers the boat engine with his strength. Then when we are close enough to the doc we cut the engine and he jumped out and swam us in. Donald did all the hard work, he had to back the trailer down!
The boat needed a name a Donald suggested "The Condor" because it has Condorman colors. And I thought that was a good idea until I found out The Condor wasn't an ambi-turner. I suggest The Zoolander.

3 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

It was a fun trip and there is NO hole in the boat. Kevin has that all figured out. Anywhay, what do you want for a maiden voyage? And no, we will not name her the Titanic.

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

SO FUNNY!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I am laughing so hard...HILARIOUS!!