So, last Monday Bruce was on his way home from Las Vegas. He called me and said, "There is going to be a rally/protest at the US Capitol in Washington DC. Get us a flight and a hotel we need to go." So after a little discussion, I could see that this was something that he really wanted to do. I made the arrangements and we became part of many thousands (some say as many as 50 thousand) of people who gathered, on Thursday, on the Capitol lawn to protest the health care bill. It was awesome. The pictures do not do it justice. Standing there with all of those people and singing the National Anthem and saying the Pledge of Allegiance was amazing. It was a great way to spend a day and a half. It is really something you cannot describe, to be a part of a group like that. All in all, it was a great date.
Bruce, in front of the capitol.
It was a gorgeous day. I have no idea what that is in my hand. I really was not holding anything. That is behind me. The gathering was just beginning.
This is me with my souvenir "Second Revolution" flag.
This just shows you what a beautiful day it was. It is impossible to get a sense of how many people were there.
This is a 360 degree video of the event from where we were standing. We were right by the wall where the celebrities came in.
3 comments:
Good for you guys!! I often feel like I don't know how to make a difference. Or what to do to make my opinion heard. I bet it feels good to stand up for what you think is important and right! I really hope it makes a difference!!!
Power to the people!
How awesome taht you were able to be a part of that! I know my family wishes they could have gone to all the protests in Washington lately, especially Matthew, he is way into everything like this.
Post a Comment