Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lets make some plans...

OK, so I hope everyone is as excited about getting together is a few (about 6) weeks as I am! I know it is going to be so fun! We talked about making some plans to help everything go a little bit more smoothly, and I think everyone was happy to do the holiday theme. So here is the rundown: Everyone (except Shannon of course) will have a day that is a pretend holiday, they are in charge of the dinner for that day and any activities that they want to plan. This can be as simple or as grand as you want it to be. You decide what you want to do with it. If you live locally and want to host dinner and activities at your house that day, you can. If you want to have everything at Mom's thats fine too. You don't have to have the WHOLE day planned and you can if you want to. We still will want to swim, got to the lake, just hang out, etc... so don't worry about trying to plan every minute. Hopefully this will help us to get a little creative, to have a lot of fun together, and to make some memories! If you can't do your day or want to get a different holiday, I am sure someone will switch with you. So here are the days:

Wed the 6th - New Years - Moores
Thurs the 7th - Easter - Gustins
Fri the 8th - CincoDeMayo & Birthdays - Mom/Dad/Nancy
Sat the 9th - The official Donald & Shannon Day :) (we will all be available to you two!)
Sun the 10th - Thanksgiving - Aumuas
Mon the 11th - Halloween - Daly's (Megan/Rob)
Tue the 12th - Christmas - Starks

If anyone else can make it for the fun (Jacksons, Dares, Downings, etc.) you are all invited but don't worry about assignments, just come to have a good time!

5 comments:

LUCKY7 said...

Yay! we are so excited!!! we love everyone so much and can't wait to be with the whole family again. thank you for letting me have halloween, we are already planning. so fun!!!

Unknown said...

YESSSSS! I'm SO excited!!! Everyone just remember... the point of this is not to plan as much stuff as possible. It's to be together and have fun! So if things are getting to hard or your stressing out, stop and simplify or ask for more help. We love each other and that is the most important thing to keep in mind.

Mom/Grandma said...

It will be so much fun and I think the kids will all have great memories of this. If we all think of the times we remember from our youth and childhood it is the family together times that are the best.

dares said...

You guys always have the best ideas! So creative and fun!! Since Chad and I have been married, I've always felt so at ease with your family...you are all so great!! Have a super time- wish we could be there with you!

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

Everyone...we are changing ours to 4th of July...James really wants to BBQ and it just fits the theme better...so if anyone wants New Years, or whatever, just let Coleen know! We are totally excited! We also need to give Stacie credit for her FABULOUS ideas! I could not have come up with this on my own. Thanks Stacie.