Monday, June 9, 2008

The Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day

Have you read that children's book? I don't know if I have either, but if I were to write a book about my 34th birthday, that would definitely be the title.



Here it is by the numbers...



24 Hours of rain on Saturday

12 Hours straight that Steven cried the night before

1 Hour of sleep James and I both got that night

6/3 Blisters on Steven's tongue/feet (Hand, foot, and mouth disease, couldn't count the

ones down his throat)

0 Gifts

0 Cake

1 Candle stuck in a donut

6 Phone calls from family and friends (thank you)

5 Time when James was finally able to get out and buy a cake (DQ - yum) and a gift (gift

certificate for a spa sea salt pedicure (yay)

1 Appendix that I still have (I guess it could have been worse! Sorry Shannon.)

5 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

Oh, Dixie, Just know that we love you and wish you/we were closer so we could have helped out with the girls or Steven or the cake or the gifts or some or all of it. Just know it has to be better next year.

The Gustin Family said...

We have that book and we read it all the time. It ends with him going to bed and him saying, "It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days a like that..." :) The "some" days are not supposed to be on your birthday though! Here's to your 34th year being better than your 34th birthday! We love you all!!!!

nance said...

poor Dixie! and Steven and Moore family! I hope June will be better for you all!

LUCKY7 said...

that sounds horrible! i'm sorry!!! we love you.

dares said...

Better celebrate it again when everyone is feeling better! So sorry to hear about your crummy birthday!!