Thursday, January 29, 2009

Listen up FMXers!

I would totally put this on the FMX page but everytime I have tried to join, it does not work. I guess I am retarded. I do check it though and wish I could comment on everyones great accomplishments. I would have been training already if it weren't for the condition that I have been in. (ps. check out that floating baby's # today... woot woot!) I hope after I recover a bit I can be as cool as all of you (and get robs iPod buying butt outside- he bought an ipod to train and has used it for that purpose twice, sorry honey, I still love you!)
Okay enough about us slackers! I wanted to post about this because it is such a good cause. This week our Bishop sent out an email asking us to fast for this family on feb. 1st. I will just post what he says... "Many of you may know the Bailey twins from the Desert Hills ward. They are 2-year-old conjoined twins, Emma and Taylor, who share a heart. Specifically, we are hoping that the fast will provide the family with additional strength as they move forward with decisions on separation, heart transplants, and other issues that they are facing. We would also ask that ward members remember the family in prayers that are offered during meetings this Sunday." If anyone wants to join the fast that would be so good for their family... BUT also on Valentines day they are having their first fundraising event that involves MARATHONS. I know some of you are all about those marathons lately and this is one of the best causes I have ever heard of. They also have other stuff that would be so much fun for the kids, so even if you aren't into a run, still check out the site. check out their website at www.twosistersoneheart.com
Sorry this post was so long... love you all!
Love, Megan

3 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

I am going to be out in Queen Creek on this coming Saturday. I am going to run in the Londons Run 10K. They have a 2 mile fun run also. Maybe I can do this one also. I have heard about these little girls. What a hard thing to have to go through. Thanks for the info.

LUCKY7 said...

You are my hero mom! I just talked to my mom and she was like "I saw your cute teenage mother-in-law out running earlier." ha ha! I'm so proud of how well you are doing with all this running. We'll have to come see you at the finish line!
My heart just goes out to that family, what a hard thing to go through. They apparently just found a donor and so they are trying to decide on doing the operation or not. what a hard decision. Anyways that valentines thing sounds really fun and I think they have some good sponsors. ie COLDSTONE! hopefully we can go for a little bit too.

The Gustin Family said...

I wish I could run for this cause. I cannot imagine making this kind of decision! If I was there I would totally join you mom!