OK, so this was such a blast! It was really fulfilling to finish something really hard that I have been working towards for a while. I ran with 3 of my close girlfriends, that we all trained together, and we had such a blast. We stuck together during the race and everyone knew us as the "pink ladies". We came across the finish line hand in hand. (Maybe we'll make the brochure for next year:) Anytime we felt tired we would think of these Marine Corp guys, they ran the entire 1/2 marathon with 50lb packs, steel toe boots, and those huge flags. They said their goal was to beat us...they didn't, but they were not that far behind us really. After the race we went boating on Lake Chelan and I wakeboarded with my medal. Although the wakeboaring was fun, I really only had a short turn, my legs were tired! :)




4 comments:
You are so amazing!
That's great Coleen! You really chase your dreams and make wonderful things happen...you are such an inspiration to me! Love you
guarenteed i got teary eyed because of hormones... but that is so awesome Coleen! you are such an amazing lady, I want to be like you when i grow up. :) K so now its time to get preggers. ha! love you.
Coleen, you are so inspiring! Crazy, but inspiring :) We sure miss you guys SO much!! Love you!
Post a Comment