Saturday, May 3, 2008

He did it!



James ran the Indy 500 Mini-Marathon today. He finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes (averaging 10:22 minute miles). He really trained hard and ran hard today. He said it was one of the hardest things he has ever done. About mile 11 (of the 13.1 miles) he started thinking he wasn't going to make it but he pushed on and finished strong. During the race they run around the Indy 500 track (2 1/2 miles). He said that was the longest part. Dad says he's going to tell everyone he has a son that raced on the Indy 500 track. Nancy was here and we all watched him cross the finish line! The girls and Steven were cheering and waving when they saw him. We are so proud of him. He has pushed himself in a lot of areas these last few years. He is already talking about next year. Anyone want to join him? (The second picture is of James and 2 of our friends from the ward who ran it, too.)

6 comments:

The Starks' said...

WOOHOO!! What an amazing accomplishment!! Congratulations on such an amazing finish...you look great, and I bet it FEELS great to be done with it!

The Gustin Family said...

James Moore, whats up!!!! I am so proud of you! You are amazing! You look so slim! When I read this post I totally had tears in my eyes (I know I am a dork), but its such a great acomplishment. Congratulations!

TeamAumua said...

Good I'm not the only one who had tears! What a cool thing to do. Not everyone can say they have done what you did! We miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to see you again!!

Unknown said...

I am also teary. I love you James. That is such a great feeling dude. I know. I'm so motivated right know to do it again. I wish we all could do it. Can you imagine?!!! All of us at the finishline, celebrating!

LUCKY7 said...

you are my hero james i don't think i could run a mile right now if i wanted! love you bro.

dares said...

I know we're a little late, but WOW! James that is so neat...quite an accomplishment! We're impressed!