Friday, January 11, 2008

Whats the secret to keeping New Year Resolutions?

What are your ideas for how to keep the goals you set at New Years? Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas. We don't usually have a problem coming up with things we would like to do - but the follow through doesn't always happen!

Some of the kids goals that they set:

Kaden: Go bike riding more often

Bryton: Learn about space

Kolton: Climb a rock wall to the top

Brody: Learn more about elephants

The kids are soo excited about what they set. They remind me almost everyday of their goals as well as mine... so that helps. Thats my one idea is to have someone remind you. My kids ask me everyday," Have you done your pilates yet Mom?" What ideas do you guys have?

3 comments:

The Starks' said...

You guys made some great resolutions!!

I think that one trick to keeping resolutions is to make them measurable. Like instead of saying "This year I will write in my journal more often"....I would say "This year I will write in my journal once a week". Making it something you can actually measure keeps you a little more accountable to get it done.

Mom/Grandma said...

Since I am now teaching Primary, one of the things I have decided to do this year is to read the Sunday School and Relief Society lessons each week So that I can keep up and I can also discuss them with the family mambers who get to hear the lessons given. It sounds like I need to set some specific times and/or days to read so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I also do not want to neglect my Scripture reading each day which I promised Kevin I would keep doing while he is serving in the Dakotas.

LUCKY7 said...

well here is my suggestion... come back, you can move in with us... and i will remind you to do pilates everyday, actually i would do them with you and then we could have space class b/c i was thinking the other day i wish i knew more about outer space as well, and then we could have elephant class??? whatever that would be! then after that we could lift some weights, do some pushups so our arms could be in good shape for rock wall climbing and then we would go on a bike ride that way everyone could have their goal accomplished, i would no longer miss all of you and we would all probably be in amazing shape soon! what do you guys say? the solution is... MEGAN!