Friday, October 24, 2008

Cross my heart hope to die stick a needle in my eye!!

Hi fmaily, I haven't posted in a while. I though some of you might be interested to see how I spent my Thursday. Yesterday mornong when I woke up I had a few flashes of light outside my right eye. Later as I was walking, I was seeing "rivers, spots and clouds" in my eye. As the day wore on, it did not seem to be getting any better. A little before noon, I called Christi and told her about it. She said I should see someone immediatly. I sensed some urgency so I called an eye doctor. They agreed that I should be seen right away and I was in thier office by 2:15. The examination showed that I had a hole in my retina. It was in a bad place and could easily cause a detachment if not treated immediatly. They called a retinal specialist and I was on my way. By 5PM I was on my way home after having Lazer eye surgery and the hole repaired with 27 lazer "stitches". Yes, they really did stick a needle in my eye.
The eye is so blood shot, the doctor said I would "scare children". Too bad Halloween is still a week away. I want to thank you for all your prayers and concern. I feel very blessed.

3 comments:

The Gustin Family said...

Wow!!! We are so glad that you had it taken care of in time! We are praying for you and your recovery too. We love you Grandma!

Stacie said...

MOM WHAT? how in the world did that happen? you look like a wounded soldier We love you and pray for a speedy recovery!

Stacie said...

MOM WHAT? how in the world did that happen? you look like a wounded soldier We love you and pray for a speedy recovery!