Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nine o'clock Nuttiness...









Have you ever noticed there are some really cool Halloween Decorations out there?? We don't have any of them and ..Well, the other day on the way to school, one of the boys said, "Mom, how come everyone has cooler Halloween Decorations than us?" Well I didn't know how to answer. We don't really have any decorations! We have literally two things that we put up inside our house. But I didn't want to foster the "keeping up with the Jones' " attitude either. It took me a couple of days to come up with "nine o'clock nuttiness" (instead of mid-night madness). I planned four different projects for them to make us some Halloween stuff. They got to stay up till nine o'clock making a ghost, a bat, some pumpkins, and some spiders (their favorite). They weren't expensive (I had most of the stuff) and now they think that our house has the coolest decorations. And so do I...their homemade! :) After we finished our projects, we turned off all the lights and Todd hid in somewhere in the house, the boys then crept around trying to find him, he would scare them and they would scream, it was fun! Tallie missed it all...she was sleeping! :)

5 comments:

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

You are so creative.

Mom/Grandma said...

What a fun way to decorate.

Unknown said...

I cant wait for your costume pictures. They better be good or else!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

You guys are such good parents! Such a cute idea and cute kids! Your house looks great...very festive!

TeamAumua said...

Looks like a nutty night!! =) I love how you help your kids feel so special!