11 years ago
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Harvest Time
Well, our harvest left a little to be desired! All we have to show for all our hard work sowing is a TON of green tomatos and one nice, juicy carrot. The bunnies ate all the carrots but this one. At least they were nice and only ate the carrots. This one was hiding under a piece of wood, so it actually made it. Then the slugs enjoyed a lot of our tomatoes. I caught this guy red handed! We still have a ton of other tomatoes, but it is getting closer to frost time and they are all very green. I don't really know on that one, excpet a real gardener was telling me it was because of the summer we had and nobody's tomatoes ripened this year. The one thing we did well was cilantro. We used it in salsa all summer. Oh well, I guess I didn't have a ton of expectations for our first year gardening. I suppose we'll give it another go next year.
Posted by The Gustin Family at 4:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Such pretty colors! And the slug picture EEWWWWW! =) Love you guys
Wow at least you had somthing to harvest that makes it fun!
What a bountiful harvest....of tomatoes anyway. And celantro. Now you can improve on it for next year. Maybe I will get one going here and we can see hwo I do. You know those tomatoes will ripen if you put them in a cool dark place. Ask Kevin. He had experiance with that last year in North Dakota.
Fried green tomatoes are super yummy! i want a garden!
Post a Comment