Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spanish Adventure 2008 Day #3....

A couple things I didnt mention in my last post....

1) when we went to Boston, Shannon was SO SO SO great to us. She put us up and catered to us, seriously!! We owe her big time for being there for us...it made the start of our trip truly GREAT!! And I really think that we were meant to go there...and spend time with Shannon....something we dont get a chance to do often. THANKS SHANNON!!

2) On Friday night when we we did not get on the plane to Madrid, one of our 3 bags apparently did!!! ALL of our clothes....No one could really tell us for SURE if it had gotten on the flight without us. So when we were in philly we had no clothes except what we were wearing (although we did have all our clean underwear as we had packed that in a separate bag.....YEAH!!). We had to trust and HOPE that our bag would actually be waiting for us in Madrid when we got there.---------->bitting our nails!!

Day #3 - Saturday March 15 - Check out time of the Hotel was noon....our flight wasnt until almost 9pm, so we knew we were in for another long day at the airport, but we were SO thankful that we had gotten a good nights rest!! We checked out at noon and went next door to Denny's for food...and to kill a little time before catching the shuttle to the airport.

Once at the airport, we went to check our bags...we had decided that after all this, we DID want to go ahead and pay for the upgrades to first class. Well we asked the ticket counter lady and she said....do you have other clothes?? We said "huh?"....apparently you cannot sit in first class in jeans and tennis shoes. We, of course, did not have any other clothes....they were presumably already in Spain. Oh well....we didn't buy the upgrades. We sat and waited...getting text updates from Shannon all the while. In the end, there were a couple of connecting flights that were gonna be late, so we were GETTING ON!! YAY!! I stood close to the counter waiting for them to call our names. When they did I rushed up there and she said, I sat you in first class, I need your upgrades??!! I told her I didnt have them, she said did I want it or not....I said YES!! She told me where I could go to pay for them, but I had to HURRY!! Off I ran. Paid for them, ran back, Lennie and I got on the plane to first class, jeans and tennies and all (there were others in first class with them too, so I guess they just werent being strict). When I found my seat (we were not seated next to each other) I realized I was in SUPER first class or something....I was in the most forward cabin....even in front of first class, and my seat did more that just recline, it folded FLAT....like a bed. Whoa, mama!! But I really wanted to sit by Lennie, so I was asking the flight attendant that if she could arrange it for us to sit next to each other that would be great....the guy who was assigned the seat next to me said...."I'll switch with your husband". How NICE of him. So he went back into the regular first class seats, and Lennie got to come up by me. Man, do they ever cater to you there. I have never experienced anything like it on a flight!! It was like we were the only two people on the plane. We had SO MUCH room, we could lay down, we had our own personal movie screens, we could choose from 10 movies, lots of TV channels, and tons of music to listen to. The food was fabulous too. They served a 3 course meal, and snacks, and all the drinks you could drink! WOW, talk about living the high life! We were able to sleep and rest very easily which was nice because we were landing in Madrid at 9am on Sunday morning, so it was going to be a long time before we could sleep again. I now regret not taking any pictures of us on the plane....it didn't occur to me at the time (what kind of scrapbooker am I?), I was just so happy to be on our way!!

More to come......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad I could spend some time with you guys! I was so worried you would be having such a terrible time and I felt responsible (because I always do when they're my buddy passes) BUT we had a great time and I was thankful for it.

Stacie said...

I love this. You are such a good story teller i feel like you give me a cliff hanger everytime. WOW, it sounds like you had a real adventure.

The Gustin Family said...

As the Starks vacation turns... (this is fun)

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

What Stacie said...